Today is my birthday!! And I’m turning 44. Happy Birthday to Me! It’s a bit of a surreal feeling thinking I am ‘this’ old. How can I be officially in my mid-forties?!? How it could be 26 years since I graduated from high school, 20 years since I started my adventures in Japan, 13 years since I got married and almost 10 years since I held Hailey in my arms for the first time? The years do indeed pass by with a flurry. Each day may bring a different challenge and emotion from the one previous but overall I have filled all those years with adventure and love and friends and family and creativity. And for that I am happy and grateful and content.
Photography has been a big part of half those years. I took lots of pictures of ranch animals and pets when I was young but my love for it and dedication to it grew substantially as I started travelling in my early twenties. To help celebrate all these years, I thought of 44 reasons why now is the perfect time for you to get a photo shoot done with this “no-getting-around-being-mid-40s-anymore” lady!
- You want to celebrate love, friends, and family too!
- Your big kid got their braces off
- Your little kid just lost their first tooth
- Your baby is starting to walk
- One of your ‘babies’ is off to university in September
- Your tan is looking awesome
- Your tanned husband is looking pretty sweet himself
- There’s a brand new little one in your life
- The feisty kid who likes to give herself haircuts … her bangs just grew back in!
- Your new baby is starting to smile
- You’re in your mid-40s too and you are feeling amazing!
- Grandma and Grandpa are visiting
- The most recent pic of your husband and yourself is from your wedding day and that was in the 1900’s.
- You really want a kick-butt holiday card this year
- You’ve always wanted beautiful photos together with your girlfriends
- You just bought your first motorcycle
- Having a “morning in the life” of your family documented would be treasured forever
- Your walls are looking darn bare
- Attitude is everything… and your kids have loads to show off!
- Your i-phone photos just aren’t cutting it anymore
- You have a new puppy
- Your dog is getting older
- Your 6 month old is a giggler
- You feel sad you’re not in any of the family photographs because you’re always taking them
- Summer camping and roasting marshmallows photos would be sooooo fun!
- The grass is still green
- August and September light is stunning
- You have the cutest pony ever
- You are at your most relaxed with your family at the cottage
- Any excuse to hug and cuddle your kiddos
- Hanging out in the backyard is a perfect backdrop for your family photos
- Your selfie skills have boosted your confidence for a wicked business photoshoot that shows you living your brand
- You want to make a beautiful photo calendar for 2016
- An urban shoot in downtown Calgary would be super fun and super YOU!
- #yyc … nothing compares to how you live and love in this city.
- Your mother-in-law has been bugging you for an updated family photo for a couple years now
- You have a dress you’re dying to show off
- Because freckles are awesome
- You have the perfect quilt to use in a family photograph
- You want a shoot done with rubber boots and umbrellas with 30cm of rain in a Calgary street
- Your little one just learned how to skateboard
- You think this foundation of an old church is super cool!
- This Janet birthday gal has 10 years of professional photo experience, hundreds of shoots behind her and a whole lot of fun to share with you!
- My bday gift is to give you a $44 print credit and a complimentary lesson from Kids Photography Academy
To receive your gift, be sure to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the weekend (August 9th at 11:59pm) to receive a $44 print credit and a complimentary lesson from Kids Photography Academy. I’ll get back to you the following week to discuss when and where to have your photo shoot!
Please note sessions must be paid for by August 14th to receive the free gift. Applicable to new bookings only.
Have a wonderful day!!! Photo credit to Harold Pliszka during our visit to St. Lucia in July 2015.